I am a solicitor specialising in Private Client Law. My particular areas of specialism are:
I qualified as a solicitor in 2007 and have specialised in contentious and non-contentious Private Client Law since then. I am a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
I am a fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly and hold the SFE Older Client Care in Practice Award.
I have a wide range of experience acting for elderly and vulnerable clients, as well as families and business people needing advice on tax planning. I see clients at their homes if this is more convenient for them.
I act for clients in disputes relating to estates, trusts and Court of Protection matters. For example, I have recently acted in the following matters:
– A constructive trust dispute where my client needed to have his beneficial interest in a property declared by the Court
– An application under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 for financial provision for a second wife who had not been reasonably provided for in her late husband’s will
– A dispute where a beneficiary of a trust was dissatisfied with the actions of the trustees
– A dispute over the alleged forgery of a will
– A disputed Court of Protection application for deputyship
– A disputed Court of Protection health and welfare application relating to where a severely brain-damaged client should live
My non-contentious work includes the following:
– Inheritance tax planning
– Lasting Powers of Attorney
– Court of Protection applications
– Administration of estates
I also specialise in NHS Continuing Healthcare funding including dealing with appeals for clients where funding has been refused.
I am a very keen advocate for alternative dispute resolution and I am firmly in favour of disputes being managed and resolved by the parties themselves without the cost and uncertainty of court proceedings. I am an Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator.
I aim to provide clients with excellent service, to be approachable and to give advice that is clear and easy to understand.
Member – Hadleigh Rotary Club
Rotary is a networking organisation of both genders who volunteer their time and talents to help their communities at home and overseas.
"“ This is the second time we have used Tracey for the conveyancing to buy our new home. She is always completely approachable, she has helped us along the way with advice and useful tips that has helped lessen the stress. We have complete confidence in her and would not hesitate to recommend her to our friends and family”. - Peter Dawes, Cater Dawes Financial Planning "
"Prompt, helpful, polite and very professional service"
"I don't think this house sale would have pulled together without Jo's determination and expertise. Excellent!"
"We found Rachel Dawson outstanding, polite, professional and caring."
"We were very pleased to have Jade as our solicitor, the service was excellent and we felt kept in the loop which minimised stress"
"This is by far the go-to firm for any issues. You are made to feel valued from the outset and they are so confident in what they do. Wouldn't recommend any other. Thank you Hugh and Max."
- Ros Jones
"The ease that we could access and speak to Pat Smith - Thank you"
"Approachable, very efficient, always willing to take my calls and update me."
"Jade made the process of buying our first home quick, easy and took the stress out of a new chapter of our lives"
"Jade Shelton was absolutely fantastic!! Professional and proactive at all times."