Our personal injury solicitors specialise in representing people who have had accidents that are no fault of their own.
There are a number of State Benefits available to sufferers of asbestos-related diseases and their families.
– You or your relatives may be entitled to a lump sum from the government under the Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers’ Compensation) Act 1979 or the 2008 Diffuse Mesothelioma scheme.
– If you develop mesothelioma as a result of contact with asbestos in your job, you may be entitled to Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (even if you are now retired).
– If you need help with personal care or have difficulty getting around because of your illness, you may be entitled to claim Disability Living Allowance, as long as you are under the age of 65 when you claim.
– If you are in receipt of Attendance Allowance or certain rates of Disability Living Allowance and have someone helping to look after you for 35 hours or more a week, then that person may be entitled to claim Carer’s Allowance.
– If you were exposed to asbestos while you were serving in the armed forces, you can make a claim for a War Disablement Pension from the Veterans Agency.
– If you are over 65 and need help with personal care because of your illness, you can claim Attendance Allowance.
Click here to find out how much compensation you could receive.
Very good service, I would definitely use again and recommend to others!
We can advise you about your possible personal injury claim for compensation. We offer a fully insurance protected No Win No Fee conditional fee agreement and will explain best options available for funding your claim.
We will investigate your case quickly and help you concerning your entitlement to compensation and assistance. If possible we will obtain an interim payment of damages for you.
To find out more, call 01473 298125 or complete our online enquiry form.
• Gotelee Solicitors support the work of Cancer Campaign in Suffolk and recommend any sufferers to make contact with the charity as soon as possible where they will find invaluable help and support.
felt that they were
kept informed during
the process with us.
felt that their legal issues
and advice was explained
in terms they could understand.
said that they would
recommend us to
their family and friends.
More than half a million older people are abused in the UK every year. It’s a ...Read Article
"Clarity and speed. A refreshing absence of legal jargon and gobblodygook!"
"The down to earth manner of the solicitors."
"Not too formal - felt like a chat with a friend."
"As your entire service was excellent, it is not possible to single out anything special to mention."
"A big firm with a local touch!"
"Great service, never made things complicated!"
"Warm friendly service with clear responses to all my questions."
"Mr Rowland was sincere, approachable, understanding and professional throughout."
"Personal, prompt, caring and communication by email was excellent."
"Feeling at ease knowing that they were putting my best interests first."